Yesterday was Pink Day. Standing up for schools. CA schools are are losing programs and teachers like crazy. March 15th is a land marker for teachers. It's the day that districts have to notify their teachers if they will be looking for another job the following year or not. I spent a few years in this predicament. Wondering if I'd have a job the next year. Dealing with CTA (California Teachers Association) and lawyers and paperwork just to get rehired for the following year. It's a frustrating place to be in.
I have not received a pink slip in about 5 years, and I'm so thankful. There have been many many years in a row where I have wished to get out of my current district. I have dreamed of working in a district closer to home, and being supported more by my administration. I have filled out applications, updated my resume, searched for that "perfect" school. The majority of the time, I have not followed through and turned these forms in to any district for fear of going the uncertainty. A few times, God told me to put it away and reminded me that I am working where he wants me to work and be content. A few times I have not heard an answer from him, and just stayed put.
This year, I am seeing it all as God's provision. He never gave me the green light to pursue another job. And I must say how happy I am. If I had walked down the path of a new district without his direction, I would undoubtedly not have a job for next year. I would be the "last hired, first fired" teacher. I would be mad at myself for walking out of God's plan for me. I am so incredibly thankful that I have a job that is secure. My pay may change due to cuts, but I have job security. I have been in my position for long enough that there are many people under me and I'm far enough away from the bottom of the list. All because God is good.
It's like he's saying to me, "See Jeni, I told you so. Just remain in me, and you're covered." I love that. It's hard while you're in the thick of it. But he is faithful to carry us and we endure with faith. Thank you Jesus!
1 comment:
Once AGAIN, I can SOOOO relate.
Post a Comment