
Juliet had her first camp experience this last week. She was very excited to go until she realized that she was going without the rest of us. We talked her friend, Emily, into going with her and encouraged them that they would have a fantastic time! It was a camp through our church but it was at the YWAM base in Chico. I didn't think I knew where it was until I pulled up to this beautiful place. I went there as a counselor just after I graduated high school. Walking through the doors brought back A LOT of memories, but it was completely different going there now as a mom. I had a hard time leaving her, but knew she was in good hands. Our childrens ministry at our church is phenomenal. The pastors, teachers, and leaders are just amazing people who have incredible hearts for our children and seeing them develope and grow in God. What more can a mom ask for?
I must admit, I cried for hours on Monday night (her first night away). There is no cell service up there, and no way to get in contact with the kids (except for emergencies). So it was a week of no contact too! We've never done that before. I was praying and asking God to cover Jules while she away, when God spoke to me. He said, "Do you trust me, Jeni? Do you not think I can take better care of her than you ever could? Remember I entrusted her to you. You are doing a great job, but I've got her here." While I know all this, I needed to hear it directly from Him. I was able to rest in that for the entire week. Knowing that He was covering her and he was meeting her every need, even homesickness!
Anywho, she had a great time! She is exhausted, has many stories to tell, looks forward to next year already! I'm still hearing more and more stories of the events and what God spoke to her during the week. You'll have to ask her about it if you want to know more....
This was their room:
And can you see the exhaustion in their faces?
1 comment:
I love
A.) That God spoke
B.) That you heard
C.) That you obeyed
:)
Post a Comment