Friday, June 6, 2008

Another year done

Yesterday was the last day of school for me. So Mike came to my classroom with me today to pack up my room. Since I'm switching grade levels, I'm also moving to a new classroom. That means all my stuff had to be packed up! Yikes, that's a lot of stuff! I am really looking forward to Kindergarten. I'm looking forward to the hours, the lack of projects to grade, no test prep, and just a different pace. 5/6 year olds have a lot more energy that will have to be directed differently than 8/9 year olds, but I'm looking forward to a new adventure. I think it will also be fun to be teaching the same grade as Mia will be in. With Jules in third next year, I will know exactly what she's learning an doing. That part will be fun too.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to my time at home with the family. Can't wait to get back into the routine of waking up whenever, daily bike rides and picnics, playing at the sprinkler parks, swimming at our friends' house, and eating outside in the evenings. Some things I long for throughout the school year.

2 comments:

George said...

Alright!!!!
Happy Summer, there is little doubt you will have a great summer with the kids.

Sarah said...

I'm so happy that you're done for the summer!! Here's to late-night chats!!!! :)