Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Date Night

I seriously think I have the best friends in the world! One of my girlfriends took the kids for the night so Mike and I could have some alone time! I didn't tell Mike, so the whole time was a complete surprise to him. I've never done that before and it was a lot of fun! With our schedules, that doesn't ever seem to happen (except for maybe an hour or so around 1am!)

We went up to the River for some relaxing and chatting time. It was beautiful. I got some chocolate covered strawberries, and since Mike doesn't like strawberries, they were all mine! mmmm...We sat on the rocks watching the rapids and just enjoyed each other's company. We used to spend a lot of time pre-kids on the river or at the river, so this was really nice for us. However, some dummy thought it would be a good idea to try and cross the river just up from the rapids. So we saw this kid nearly drown as he was being swept away by the rapids. Neither one of us was going to risk our lives to jump in after him, so we ran down the river (over the rocks, barefoot...ouch!) yelling commands at him. He made it to the calm swimming hole part and was able to get himself to the rocks. The he disappeared out of sight. I'm sure he was shaken up a bit, but fine. Lovely start to our "alone" time!




We went to PF Cheng for dinner and then to see Get Smart. That is a funny movie! If you like Steve Carell, you'll love this movie. We got to sleep in the next morning and then went to the House of Prayer for a bit. It was a great overnighter!

2 comments:

KEI said...

Lucky! Glad you had a nice date. Can you let me know what cool friend helped you out? Do I know them? :-) Just kidding! See you soon.

Tate Family said...

Y'all are so in love. I love it. So glad you got to enjoy a date night.