Monday, May 25, 2009

Mia turns 6

I'm a typical mother in that I don't like the kids getting older. I know it will happen, but I never pictured myself with kids. I pictured myself with toddlers, but my imagination never when further. I don't know, guess I'm just naive.
Mia wanted a Hello Kitty party at Chuck E. Cheese. That is so Mia. She knows exactly what she wants, but it's never what you'd expect! I love that about her! She is truly her own person. We always start off each birthday with a treat and Happy Birthday song in bed. This time however, Mia beat us out of bed! So she crawled in with us and we got up to get her treat.
Notice the Hello Kitty cupcake....I made those for her to take to school and share. She loved them! She also got a new outfit to wear to school too!
Then I had to try my hand at some cake pops. I found this great blog that I fell in love with! I tried to copy the Hello Kitty pops, and they actually turned out pretty well. I made them for Mia's party at Chuck E. Cheese.
We had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese! The kids played great and Mia had a blast! So did Cal, of course!



We then went home to celebrate a little more!I think she had a pretty good day!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mia!!

Secondly, the new blog banner is GORGEOUS! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

A very special young lady!
Grandma/Grandpa