Monday, November 22, 2010

Imagine....

Women of Faith was a couple of weekends ago.  A girlfriend from OR came down on the train, my sister in law from Humboldt came down and 4 of us local girls all met for a weekend of Girls Only!  It was fantastic.  I have very sarcastic humor and I'm so thankful that the women I surround myself with do too!  We laughed, we cried, we learned even more about one another, we laughed more, we cried more, and we lifted one another up before our Lord with fervent prayer.  What more can one ask for in a girls weekend?  Not much!

The main theme that we all grasped from the conference was trust.  Trust can be hard especially when we believe in an ever present God whom we can not see.  Trusting that He will take care of us as he says he will.  Trusting that He has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives.  Trusting even though some of us see our everything crumbling before our eyes.  God is bringing me (and most of my girlfriends) to a point in our lives where we have to either trust or know that we are losing it all.  Spiritually.  Emotionally.  Financially.  It's a daily mantra of "trust in the Lord with all our heart, all your soul, and all of your mind" as a reminder that all will be ok.  God IS in control because we have given him that permission. Our trust will not be worthless.  Our trust will be rewarded with a gentle "I told you so" by our God.  I love that kind of "told ya so".  That's when we see blessings. I mean physical blessings. 

I am so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by some of the world's best women.  God has put so many great people in my life.  You have kept me sane, kept me laughing, kept me feeling loved, kept me going at times and I know you are always praying for me.  What more could one woman ask for?  You mean more than the world to me.  I can't wait till our next Girl's Weekend. 

1 comment:

The Chilcote Family said...

I love you so very much! You are a true blessing in my life. Thank you for bringing us all together and allowing us to love on each other.