Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two glowing reports

Parent conferences were today.  I have never really been nervous for these with the girls.  They are really good students.  BUT, (there's always a but) Juliet's responsibility - or lack there of - has made me nervous for this one.  She's forgotten some assignments here and there, we didn't finish some of the work from when we went on vacation (partly my fault oops) and some assignments have just been way too vague for her to remember to explain to me.  It's been an interesting year with her teacher.  I'm pretty sure her teacher has a lot of family things going on outside of teaching and things are getting left undone or not explained to the kids.  I understand that, totally, but it definitely makes for a tough year for everyone.

So anyway, Juliet is doing awesome!  121% in Spelling...how does one do that?  no clue.  110% in Math...again, no clue.  All areas except Science, she's doing outstanding.  I couldn't be more proud.  I am so grateful I don't have to stress about her academics.  She has always been "at the top of her class" and I'm not one to worry if she's being pushed along, I'm more one to worry if she's making good choices throughout her day.  If she's being respectful to her teacher, choosing the right friends, thinking with her heart throughout the day, etc.  And so far, she seems to be doing all those things while at school.  So yes...Juliet is awesome!  Now if we can just get her to be responsible in the common sense area.....LOL

Mia!  Mia rocks!  She is the quietest little thing and has the biggest heart.  Her conference went great as well.  She went from last trimester reading 72 wcpm to 96 wcpm!  Average for 2nd grade at this point in the year is 78wcpm, so she is doing awesome!  Spelling...100% Social Studies...100%  And her teacher said she's sweet, well behaved, and respectful (duh) ;)  Every day when we drop the girls off at school or pick them up, Mia is surrounded by little friends.  When we arrive, she is bombarded with, "Mia! Mia! Mia!" and big hugs.  It's so cute.  She is truly the sweetest thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Says a lot about parenting skills.

Tate Family said...

sweet girls...just like their mama