We were invited up to Tahoe to help celebrate our good friends, The Chilcotes, 12th anniversary! With the schedule that we have had lately where Mike and I have had next to no couple time, and we've only been able to steal away a few moments here and there of family time, we were REALLY looking forward to this! We got to spend the whole weekend as a family! Well, Jules began Friday complaining of a tummy ache and a rapidly worsening sore throat. She woke around 11pm throwing up with a slight fever. We stumbled through the night and when she woke at 6am with another fever and feeling very ill, we decided to pack up and head home.
As Cal woke up shortly after Jules and then Mia to follow 10 minutes later we got to packing. The rest of the house was asleep, so I took Mia and Cal for a walk at 6:30am and it was BEAUTIFUL out! The weather was gorgeous and the sites couldn't not have been any better. Cal loved finding sticks and carrying them with him all over the place. He learned this weekend to hit the ground with the stick and say, "High-ya!" Still not sure where that came from, hmmmm....
We got back to the condo where Dean and Carole convinced us to stay even though Jules wasn't well. She looked a lot better after the Motrin, so we thought we would stick it out with her just taking it really easy. Well, see the post below to know the rest of the story with her...
Tahoe was absolutely beautiful. Between Carole, Laura, Julie, and I we have a few hundred pictures! We spend Saturday afternoon playing in the freezing water but beautiful weather at the Lake. It was a great day! We then went back to the condo and sang to Cal over his birthday cake! He really liked that! We had fondue for dinner (I highly recommend that if you haven't done it recently) and finally went to bed just after midnight after some games and laughter. Only to be up with Jules being sick again. I think we finally all drifted off to sleep about 3:30am Sunday morning. Cal decided that he had had enough sleep by 6am, so he and I went out for another long walk in the hopes everyone else would catch some more z's.
All in all, the weekend was fantastic! We really didn't want to leave at all! I would rather spend a few weeks there than just the weekend. It was definitely something that our family needed (even though Jules was sick).
3 comments:
Great slideshow. Love the one of Cal giving Mia a cheek kiss! Looks like everyone had fun.
I love all the pictures! The backdrop almost looks fake, it's so pretty!
I looked at EVERY one of 'em...and love EVERY one of 'em. :)
Post a Comment