Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tell me a story

I started telling Cal stories at night about a month ago. Basically because I just wanted to extend bedtime just a little and soak in the "Calvin-Mommy" time before the day was over. I usually tell the stories about animals and they always do some sort of silly thing. He's gotten now to ask for them. He is attached to the frog and monkey stories for some reason. Now he will say, "Money story, Mommy." or "Froggy one, Mommy." He sits still through the whole story and smiles each time they make their sounds. I love this time.

I'm not a country fan at all, but this song has stuck with me for a while. Check it out....but have some Kleenex handy. ("You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We listened to the song on iTunes and bought it! Yes, it does say a lot and time passes by so quickly. It is obvious you have a loving closeness with your children, what treasure's you and Mike have. We Love You.

Anonymous said...

I have been a big fan of that song for a while now. Every time I hear it in the car (yes, I'm a country fan) I tear up!