I'm thinking I'm going to try and break Cal of the pacifier over Christmas break. I was thinking that I ought to prep him a little for it. I'm planning on snipping the tips just a tad so they won't work.
Anyway, the other night at bedtime before I gave him his pacifier ("Na-Na") I told him that he's getting to be a big boy. He agreed and we went on to talk about how big his sisters are, and Mommy & Daddy are and none of us use a pacifier. He agreed and thought about it for a moment. Then he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I not big. I'm little." Seriously, a 2 year old understanding opposites and figuring out what he needed to do in order to keep what he wanted?!
So tonight, our friends were watching the kids. She came in the door and saw Cal and said, "Calvin! You're getting so big!" He was quick to reply with, "No, I'm not big! I'm little!"
Cracks me up!
2 comments:
I don't know if you have a method for getting rid of the pacifiers, but one that worked for our boys is to take them to the store and bring all the paci's with you. Then they can pick out a toy and buy it with the paci's! We did it at Toys R Us and the cashier played along with us and it worked really well. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along! You know it's funny but we call it a Na Na too! Ha! Love ya!
Cool idea Kerry!
That Cal is so dang smart, and very cute. I love that little guy.
Post a Comment