Thursday, July 29, 2010

Camping!

We haven't camped in nearly 5 years....meaning Calvin has never been camping!  Juliet is allergic to mosquitoes, so I have been a bit paranoid to go.  But now that she's older, it was time to head out to the great outdoors!

We packed the van like we were going for a month!  I'm pretty sure our neighbors might have thought we were moving out!  Like I said, it's been 5 years and we had no idea what a family of 5 might need!  We were also headed to a campground that we have never been to.  We spend a lot of time this side of the lake, but never around on the other side.  This site was recommended to us by a couple of friends, so we went for it.  The weather was in the low to mid 90's and just beautiful!

We set up camp and explored a little just in time for a sunset meal.
After dinner we enjoyed a little smor'ing!
Then we started the first morning with our fishing poles in hand and worms on the hooks!  The kids all learned how to cast well and did a fantastic job!
We didn't catch anything, but Mike got a good bite from one, then he jumped and splashed around as if saying, "Nah Nah na na na!"  Darn thing!

So we decided to go swimming and bbq our hot dogs on the lake...

It's definitely no Tahoe when it comes to beautiful, but it is way warmer!  So the kids stayed and played in it for hours.  Calvin got sick of me taking pics of him so I got the "Enough MOM!" face!
and if I picked up the camera and pointed anywhere in his direction, this is what he did
HA HA HA
A little Jiffy Pop!
 A little sunset....and we called it a day!  And what a great day it was!
Of course a few games of cards in there too!
We'll be going again soon....guaranteed!



3 comments:

george said...

What a wonderful memory maker!!!

Donna said...

So glad you had a good time! Some of my favorite favorite childhood memories are of camping with my family... I think it is a wonderful experience to pass on to our kiddos. :)

Carole said...

Can't wait to go! I love this pict of the girls