I so admire our senior pastor and his wife. They are great models of Godly parents. I try to glean as much as I can from the words he shares from the pulpit. Parenting is by far the hardest job ever. But it is THE most important job ever.
Each time I was pregnant, I purchased a journal for the baby. I began writing prayers, dreams, my thoughts, everything in those journals. One day I'll give the kids their journals. I have no idea when. I'll wait on God for that timing. In the meantime, I will continue to write to them in this way. I want them to know that I have been praying specifically for each of them since I knew they were to be a part of our world. However, I have begun praying over them while they sleep at night. I find it very comforting and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, my prayers and petitions for them are always heard and someday I will see the fruits of my prayers. I can not imagine parenting without my God. He is the one who gives me strength and wisdom on difficult days.
Anyway, Here's Pastor Francis' message last weekend titled Raising Children Who Love God. My number one goal as a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment